Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps
Sunday, August 04, 2013
      ( 4:50 PM ) Jessica  
I've been thinking about getting another string instrument, preferably light weight: guitar, ukulele or similar... this wasn't one of those "shop around" things It was there, I likes it, I buys it and probably will keeps it.

Yesterday after knitting group, I picked up an old mandolin... no label except for "Jara" on top made on one of those label makers: I'm guessing it is a previous owner's name, NOT the brand name for the instrument.

It has a sweet (to me) sound, and I am able to hear it with my hearing aid turned up to around the middle... it has 8 steel strings. I'm waiting to be approved over at the mandolin forum so that I can post photos for possible identification. I'm going by the philosophy "it isn't a bargain if you can't play it"... a new set of strings & some tutorials/book on how to play or similar & voila...and I'll give it a little clean up and may even play around with painting on it.

Here's a photo:



If anyone knows anything about it, let me know! I'll post it on the Mandolin Cafe Forum once I get my membership approved... crappy phone photo, please excuse!

The work on the Beauty & the Beast shawl continues... I've promised a friend to take a picture of it on the needles when it reaches 1,000 stitches! <grin>  That'll be a little more than 1/2 way up, close to 2/3 of the way up...

Now for a photo of our newest Beauty:



#




Comments: Post a Comment



Welcome to Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps blog... where I talk about just about anything from projects to just stuff to rants and whatever... I started blogging here on July 31st, 2002 and have been blogging on my website with Movable Type. I do not promise to blog regularly! I will blog when I feel like:

Blogging Without Obligation:

Feel free to leave comments!



Powered by Blogger