Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
      ( 12:16 PM ) Jessica  
I wrote this a couple of weeks ago & I don't know why I didn't post it, so I will post it now!

This morning I realized that music is starting to sound different/better... I'm starting to hear more notes & such... most of the time when I listen to music, I'll play new-to-me songs since I don't have a "history" with them... I keep expecting them to sound like they used to, and I hope that someday they will, but I don't want to listen to the old songs too often because I don't want to "ruin" them... I just go back once in a while to test to see if the old sweetness of the sounds have returned yet... I'm listening to that playlist now and it seems to be coming back little by little.

I have trouble hearing my pennywhistles, but I'll keep trying. I just won't play them a lot because it's a little frustrating. Someone else posted that tin whistles helped her (or him?) enjoy music because s/he was able to feel the sound. I can't quite feel the sound in my fingers, not even with my lowest B-flat whistle...

Last night, when we went to see Scary Cherry & the Bang Bangs play, I tried listening to the first two bands without being too close to the speakers as suggested by my surgery "twin".  He suggested that for loud shows, this time I was able to hear the guitars as well as the drums, both the bass and regular ones... last time, I could only hear the drums and vocals. That was weird & disturbing!

When SCABB came on, we wanted to stand near the stage because... well.. that's what we do!  I was prepared to drop the volume way back or turn off the CI... didn't have to, in fact I felt like I would have liked more volume, but I didn't mess with that too much. I couldn't hear the vocals...


I've also noticed a couple of new sounds recently: I can hear my phone if it's in a room with me and not in my pocket, and it will usually get my attention, but on Friday, I heard the phone go off from my pocket. I was kind of expecting it to go off but wasn't consciously pay attention to it... I wonder if I'll be able to hear it when I'm not expecting it to go off from my pocket..

Last night at the store, I understood the cashier ask me if I made my hat! I wasn't looking at her and started to ask her to repeat what she said when I realized I did not need to! :)

I'm wondering what else my CI has in store for me... I may be starting to understand people, but it's still not clear & I don't think I could pick up something totally out of the blue...

As of today, my pennywhistles are starting to sound better, and Gary said the notes I play are sounding better. I still have a ways to go with breath control and also, I'm still coughing, so that is probably not helping...
#




Comments: Post a Comment



Welcome to Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps blog... where I talk about just about anything from projects to just stuff to rants and whatever... I started blogging here on July 31st, 2002 and have been blogging on my website with Movable Type. I do not promise to blog regularly! I will blog when I feel like:

Blogging Without Obligation:

Feel free to leave comments!



Powered by Blogger