Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps
Friday, August 25, 2017
      ( 10:15 AM ) Jessica  
I had this saved in bookmarks & made it a couple of times. It's NOT a recipe I want to lose and the site I found it on is gone, but I DID find it on the wayback machine, WHEW!!

Here is the Recipe: (adapted from, food.com by Rpgaymer)
Ground Turkey Gyros
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup oatmeal (I used 1-minute quick oats, Quaker brand)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
A pinch of cinnamon
Extra virgin olive oil
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Put all of the ingredients in a bowl, and spend a few minutes kneading the mixture with your hands so that everything is very well combined. (I like to mix all the ingredients together, minus the ground turkey, first. Then add the ground turkey in last, and knead for a few minutes.)
• Put the mixture onto a lightly oiled 9×13 pan. Line with non-stick foil, for easy clean-up.
• Smash the meat mixture down with your hands a bit until it looks like a very large hamburger patty.
• Bake for 35 minutes.
• Remove, then cut the meat into thin slices.
• If you want a crispier, more authentic gyros texture, lay the sliced meat down on the pan and place in the broiler for 5 more minutes.
• Layer the meat on fresh pita brea, then garnish with desired toppings.
Devour!
#




Comments: Post a Comment



Welcome to Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps blog... where I talk about just about anything from projects to just stuff to rants and whatever... I started blogging here on July 31st, 2002 and have been blogging on my website with Movable Type. I do not promise to blog regularly! I will blog when I feel like:

Blogging Without Obligation:

Feel free to leave comments!



Powered by Blogger