Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps
Monday, February 04, 2019
      ( 10:59 AM ) Jessica  
Several years ago, a friend posted a recipe for an awesome baked oatmeal recipe... she gave me permission to post it, here it is:


here ya go!
What I like may be different from what you like, so please don’t look at this as a “be all end all must follow exactly” kinda recipe, it’s not. I did what I always do, started with something for a base, then experimented and made changes until it was what I wanted - for example, the original recipe I got had a TON of sugar in it, so I experimented with healthier ingredients until I found what worked for me.

Mix and match your spicing – mine is drastically different from what the original called for.
I added the apples in addition to the craisins called for because I like them – take them out or add a different fruit – make it your own! You can just eat it warm, or with a bit of milk drizzled on it. A certain man in my house likes to eat it cold from the refrigerator – cuts a square, and heads out the door for work. (I confess to having tried it that way too - not bad, but I prefer it warm.)

Dani Arnold’s Baked Oatmeal

Minutes to Prepare: 10 Minutes to Cook: 40

Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats - NOT instant or quick oats!
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Freshly ground nutmeg to taste (I'm a huge fan of nutmeg so I use quite a bit)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk of choice (plant for vegans!)
½ cup pumpkin puree
½ cup applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
2 pink lady or granny smith apples, peeled and chopped (or pears! or both! whatever you want)
nuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350

Mix dry ingredients, and then mix in the wet ones.
Stir until blended, and then stir in the craisins, apples, and nuts (if desired)
Put mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan, and bake for 40 minutes.
Refrigerate to store when cool (if it lasts that long)
Number of Servings: 8

Off to look for the applesauce & make some!
#




Comments: Post a Comment



Welcome to Patchwork Girl's Rambling Warps blog... where I talk about just about anything from projects to just stuff to rants and whatever... I started blogging here on July 31st, 2002 and have been blogging on my website with Movable Type. I do not promise to blog regularly! I will blog when I feel like:

Blogging Without Obligation:

Feel free to leave comments!



Powered by Blogger